American Academy of Certified Public Managers:
The Society was one of the founding member organizations of the American Academy of Certified Public Managers (AACPM). The AACPM is a nationwide organization of CPM Societies. Members of the New Jersey Society holding Fellow or Associate Memberships are also members of the AACPM. Friends may elect to be members of the AACPM.
Purpose of the AACPM:
The purpose of the AACPM shall be to:
- United Certified Public Managers;
- Encourage the acceptance of management in government as a profession, based on an established body of knowledge;
- Promote high professional, educational, and ethical standards in public management;
- Improve communication, cooperation, and coordination among public entities;
- Foster leadership through example and innovation; and,
- Facilitate positive changes that enhance the delivery of public services.